General English 20
The General English Group 20, focuses on the four basic language skills: speaking, listening, writing and reading. State of the art equipment and the obligatory course book ensure that our teaching objectives are delivered.
General English 25
The General English Group 25, focuses on the four basic language skills: speaking, listening, writing and reading in the morning and has additional lessons in the afternoon twice a week that focus mainly on conversation, fluency and grammar support.
General English 30
This English course forms part of the General English Group 20 (as above) with lessons held in the morning with additional afternoon classes that focus mainly on conversation, fluency and communication skills and also grammar support. If you are seeking a more intensive English language course this is the most suitable option.
General English Intensive
This English course forms part of the General English Group Course 20 (as above) with lessons held in the morning and individual lessons, tailor-made to the student’s needs, in the afternoon.
The standard English courses are amongst the most popular at our English language school in Malta.
The General English course will cover:
– The four basic skills: speaking, listening, writing and reading
– Grammatical accuracy (according to your current level of English)
– A good range in vocabulary (according to your current level of English)
– More accurate pronunciation in English
– Social English skills and useful language techniques
– Learning skills to encourage self-study
The above is covered utilising proven teaching methods and the obligatory course book.
At Linguatime Malta, assessments of your knowledge of the English language are carried out in two ways:
– Students are asked to take an online Placement Test prior to their arrival in Malta. Instructions on how to complete the test are provided when the booking is confirmed.
– A short interview with one of our English teachers is held on the first day of the Course to confirm the level attained in the online Placement Test.
There are five General English course levels starting at Elementary up to Advanced. The time needed to progress from one level to another depends entirely on the student’s initial level of knowledge and performance throughout the course. Assessment is on-going and progress tests are held at the end of each week. Before advancing to a higher level, a Change of Level Test has to be taken.
The Linguatime Malta classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards (or Smartboards) connected to the web, and Wi-Fi is available throughout the school. This helps our highly-trained and dedicated teachers to supplement the course book with a vast range of modern teaching materials to make lessons more interesting and relevant to the students.
Long term students in our English language school in Malta, have the opportunity of booking a monthly tutorial with our Director of Studies. This session is an opportunity to discuss progress in English and to set an action plan for future development.